POSITION TITLE: Field Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Customer Experience
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
The following statements are intended to describe the major elements and requirements of the position and should not be taken as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals assigned to this job.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide exemplary customer service in the installation and maintenance of Weber, Inc. equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High school degree or GED or equivalent work experience in a related field. Associates of Applied Science in a related discipline preferred.
2. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills.
4. Customer service and service experience working on capital equipment.
5. Ability to effectively respond to questions from co-workers, clients, customers, and the general public.
6. Working knowledge and experience with computers including MS Office.
7. Must be able to safely operate a forklift, as a certified forklift operator, hand truck and pallet jack.
8. Ability and willingness to travel at least 70% within North America and Germany. Must hold a valid drivers license, acceptable driving record and U.S. passport or ability to obtain one.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Install slicing equipment and related accessories at customer plants, Weber, Inc.’s showroom, and other miscellaneous places (such as a trade show).
2. Actively participates with answering phones/troubleshooting machines when in the office and entering those calls into Service Max.
3. Enters work hours into ADP correctly and in a timely manner.
4. Expense reports completed correctly and in a timely manner.
5. Service reports completed on time with a customer signature, a detailed description and correct times/expenses.
6. Takes part in on-call rotation.
7. Install and repair most machine models or machine accessories with little or no assistance.
8. Program the servo drive controllers and other items on the machines with little assistance.
9. Provides training to machine operators and maintenance personnel.
10. Has a complete understanding of the electrical and mechanical components of all slicers.
11. Has an advanced knowledge of the different product applications.
12. Manages and completes special projects as needed.
13. Communicates with our counterparts in Germany to resolve machine issues.
14. Provides training to the other service techs to advance their knowledge of our equipment and different product applications.
15. Duties as assigned.
INITIATIVE AND JUDGMENT/ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
1. Independently recognizes and performs duties which need to be done without being directly assigned. Establishes priorities; organizes work and time to meet them.
2. Recognizes and responds to priorities, accepts changes and new ideas. Has insight into problems and the ability to develop workable alternatives.
3. Accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner.
4. Adheres to attendance and punctuality requirements per policy. Provides proper notification for absences and tardiness. Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences or tardiness.
5. Uses time effectively and constructively. Does not abuse supplies, equipment, and service.
6. Observes all company and departmental policies governing conduct while at work (e.g., telephone and computer use, electronic messaging, smoking regulations, parking, breaks and other related policies).
7. Observes dress code policy as required by our policies and procedures.
8. Is knowledgeable in the company safety program and takes necessary steps to maintain a safe environment. Adheres to safe work practices in order to prevent injuries and illnesses.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE/ CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
1. Participates actively and positively affects the outcomes of customer service activities.
2. Committed to the “internal customer.”
3. Positive, proactive, collaborative, helpful and caring to coworkers and colleagues.
4. Take pride in the place of work and in one’s job every day. Ownership in one’s company.
5. Conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner at all times when dealing with customers and fellow employees.
6. Maintains the department in a neat, clean, and orderly manner, especially in own work area.
7. Active participant in finding new and better ways of performing duties and responsibilities.
8. Cooperates with others in the improvement of services offered at our institution. Continually makes recommendations that assist in the improvement of services.
9. Continually strives for self-improvement in areas of responsibility by attending continuing education classes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb up to 10ft, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works in an inside office environment in front of a computer monitor. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and, potentially, a slight risk of electrical shock from computer equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner to get along with customers, co-workers and management.
Please email jobs(at)weberslicer.com to apply.